MY NAME IS KHAN, a Bollywood movie starring SHAHRUKH KHAN and KAJOL. It is administrated by KARAN JOHAR, with a screenplay by SHIBANI BATHIJA, produced by Hiroo Yash Johar and Gauri Khan. Movie is supervised by both Dharma Productions and Red Chillies Entertainment and will be promoted by Fox Star Entertainment. Cinematography is performed by Ravi K. Chandran, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy composed the film’s score, choreography is performed by Farah Khan, and lyrics were written by Niranjan Iyengar.Visual Effects are insinuated by Red Chillies Vfx.
The film starts with the child, Rizwan Khan (Tanay Chheda), a Muslim boy who is suffering from Asperger syndrome, live with his mother (Zarina Wahab) in the Borivali part of Mumbai. After long time as a being mature (Shahrukh Khan), Rizwan goes to San Francisco and spend his life with his brother .In San Francisco, he falls in love with a girl named Mandira (Kajol). In the course of time they marry and start a business.
After the accident of 9/11, Rizwan and Mandira start to face a meny adversity. After this tragedy, they separate.For conquering her back, Rizwan commence on a long long journey across all over the United States.
Director ->Karan Johar
Lyrics ->Niranjan Iyengar
Starring->Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Parvin Dabbas, Jimmy Shergill and Zarina Wahab.
- Noor E Khuda
- Tere Naina
- Allah Hi Rahem
- Khan Theme
- Rang De
Singer & Music Director
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shankar MahadevanRicha Sharma
Shreya GhoshalShafqat Amanat Ali, Rashid Khan, Indrajit Sharma ,Suraj Jagan.
- The first song of the album starts with Sajda .This song is sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shankar Mahadevan and Richa Sharma, it is a Sufi number that drags at one’s heartstrings. The volume of tabla and dholak keep the listener fastened. With tremendous voices behind the mike, Sajda is a must hear.
- Next one is Noor-e-khuda , sung by Adnan Sami, Shreya Ghoshal and Shankar Mahadeven. It is a delicate, pleasing love ballad that directly strikes a chord. Most part of the song is sung by male singer, but it has an edge when Shreya enters with her suger-tucked voice close to the end of the song.
- Next one is Tere naina sung by Shafqat Amanat Ali brilliantly. The subtle composition and melody make for an interesting hear. It changes gear mid-way when it slips into the qawwali mode which raise it further.
- Up next song is ” Allah hi rahem “ – a Sufi number. Harmonized by Rashid Ali, it is enchanting. The lyrics are simple yet sagacious and the song transports you to a completely another world. One of the best songs of the album.
- Then there is ” Rang de “ sung by Shankar with meager support from Suraj Jagan. The song with prominence of rock is nice and refreshing. It talks about accord, glory and joy.
- The album also has a ” MY NAME IS KHAN “ theme song by band Strings. It is an stimulating piece.
Overall, each and every song in the album is above average. The composers have affixed to the whole gist of the movie and the background music has the power to rock the charts.